Where Can You Borrow A Sling:
- Pop along to one of our scheduled library sessions, most of which are free to attend (some are in soft plays with discounted entry) where we can show you a couple of slings and you can try one out.
- Book a one to one consultation in our office via the book now button where you’ll get at least an hour of one on one time with a qualified sling educator, there’s usually time to show you several slings, try a few on and get you confident with one or two depending on your starting point, you can then take one home for two weeks at no extra charge.
- Book a one to one in your home by emailing us using the contact form The format is the same as a one to one in our office but costs a little more, there may be a few less slings and may take a little longer to arrange.
- Book an out of hours hire by emailing us using the contact form – you can borrow a sling outside of scheduled library sessions from our office in Broadacre House, Market st, Newcastle, NE1 6HQ for £12 for 4 weeks if you are confident using it without support. If you need a little help fitting it you can also book a sling fit for a small extra charge.
Not sure which service you need? This might help.
We have regular Lbrary sessions in: Alnwick, Blaydon, Morpeth, Newcastle Centre, Low Fell, Hebburn, Howdon, Heaton, Tynemouth, Whitley Bay.
We have volunteers that may be able to provide support or a sling collection point in: Ashington, Morpeth, Newcastle, Tynemouth, Gateshead, South Tyneside, Blaydon, Durham.
What do I need to do to borrow a sling?
- Open a membership account here and make a note of your username.
- Make sure you read our terms and conditions
- Bring along some ID with proof of address when you come, we’ll give you a form to fill in and sign for our records.
- Hire is usually £10 for a month and you can pay by cash or paypal.
- Pay for your hire, make sure you have our email or facebook in case you need reassurance.
- Take your sling away, tell all your friends how easy it was.
How do I return it?
You can return it:
- To the same session you borrowed it from at the end of your hire, dates are here.
- To any session run by us anywhere before the end of your hire.
- To our office by 12pm on the day your sling is due at Broadacre house, Market st, NE1 6HQ. Put it in a bag with your name on please, reception is open M-Th 9-9 and 9-6 on Fridays.
- To our office by post before the day your sling is due. Our postal address is 4,5 Broadacre house, Market st, NE1 6HQ. Please use special delivery or other tracked and insured post. It’s your responsibility until we receive it and this gives you the best coverage.